Thursday, November 20, 2008

Day 2 of Month 2

I'm feeling great today!

After yesterday's appointment, I truly feel a new sense of commitment to this latest project. The project being living a healthier and hopefully longer lasting life than I had been.

About the program I'm on - I'm seeing a Bariatric Doctor - not the kind that cuts you open - just an MD that specializes in weight loss. There are just a few rules to follow:

Drink enough water to make your pee clear.
A good multi-vitamin.
2000 mg of fish oil.
Eat between 1000 and 1200 calories per day.
Eat at least 4 servings of protein a day.
Keep carbs between 50 and 75 g's per day.
An appetite suppressant - 1/2 in the AM and 1/2 in the PM.
Chromium Nicotinate at breakfast & at dinner.
Glucophage before bed. (I'm type 2 diabetic)

Plus I'm supposed to be getting some exercise. For the 1st month - they asked me to get in at least 5 minutes 5 days per week. I was lazy and didn't do it. So now, with renewed attitude I'm trying to get out & walk every day for around 25 - 30 minutes.

It certainly was easy today. It is 60 degrees here with the sun shining brightly. Snowy - my dog - loved it. That makes 2 days in a row - lets see if I can keep it up.

No comments: