Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Appointment Number Two

Well, I've been to the doctor again today. My first appointment was 4 weeks ago - today was my 2nd appointment. I'm down 12.8 pounds and 5 inches - Yay!

Now to the bad news – the blood work numbers from last month uncovered more than my diabetes issue. I also seem to have Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis – meaning an enlarged and fatty liver. Here is a website that explains it in plain English. http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddiseases/pubs/nash/ So anyway – I got to listen to a repeat of the lecture telling me that I’m not here to do this in order to fit into a cuter outfit – I have to stick with this and get my health issues under control or I can actually die much earlier than I should.

So I feel renewed in my commitment to battle this. I went directly to Costco and bought a bunch more protein type foods – chix breasts, fish fillets, string cheese, etc., you get the idea. I even picked myself up a new pair of corduroy Dockers to wear to church – I can’t face hose yet, and none of my old work slacks fit. They are pretty snug on me today – we’ll see what they feel like next month.

The quote of the day (from the doctor) - "Thanksgiving is one day - not a week!" With that thought in mind I'll try to figure out how I'm going to stick to the diet while on the road for a week.

Well - I'm off to go get the boys home from school. We've got lots of homework to get done tonight - we have to write how a turkey should disguise himself so he won't be eaten next week!

No comments: